Hi! This is our Privacy Notice and, if you landed here, it means that you want to learn how we process your personal data and how we protect your privacy at AlfaPet.
Essential information we collect
In operating our on-line store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, or the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout;
- let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- control that your data is processed securely; and
- monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing.
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
You can sign up for an account if you’d like. This will make us happy because it confirms your interest in our store. It should also make you happy because we will remember your information and, when you decide to buy our products, you do not have to provide all of your information over again — you just have to log-in. It also gives you access to additional features of our website, such as wishlists and easy access to your past orders. We also give you the option of deleting your account. Just connect with us at ALFAPET.INC@GMAIL.COM, if for any reason you would like to do this.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest in shopping with us. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
If you have completed a purchase, we may send you an email to ask you to review one of the products you bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with other customers. Again, you may opt-out of these emails if you would prefer not to receive them again.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the “essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications. We will use this information to send you emails or provide a website experience that is specially tailored to your expressed interests.
Newsletter and other emails
If you visit our site or complete a purchase with us, you will have the opportunity to opt-in to get other emails from us. When you opt in, we’ll send you a series of messages to welcome you and tell you a bit more about our company, what’s important to us, and a bit about our products and services. When that series is complete, we will begin sending you regular messages to alert you to new content, products, promotions, or other information we think would interest you. At any time, you will be able to select how often you want to hear from us, specify what type of messages most interest you, or opt-out and stop receiving these messages.
Protecting Your Information- Security Practices
The security of your personal information is important to us. We intend to protect the personal information entrusted to us and treat it securely in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We follow generally accepted physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. Plus, we do not store credit card data at all and credit card data cannot be read as it travels through to our ordering system. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We have executed specific measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Information Shared With Third-Parties
We will treat your personal information as confidential, and we will not share your personal information with third parties without your permission, except in the limited circumstances described below. We will provide your personal to third parties for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our client services, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise with your consent. The third-party companies are authorized to use your customer information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
It is our practice to require such third-parties to handle information in a manner consistent with our policies. These third-parties may include the following;
- Payment: Our provider for credit card transactions is Stripe. Stripe is located in the United States and has been certified as a PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. Stripe uses best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security of your personal information.
- Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders. Our connections to UPS, Federal Express, and USPS allow us to take the address information you give us and provide real-time estimates of the cost, time, and options for getting your ordered products to your doorstep. And once you have completed your order, we will send the necessary information to them to get the package into their system so that you can track it and see when you will receive the shipment.
- Email: We use a company to manage the list of people who have opted in to our emails, and they keep the information needed to create and send the various kinds of emails described earlier.
- Rewards/Loyalty program: We also use a third party loyalty program to provide special functionality to give you various benefits as you make purchases and take other actions.
- Remarketing/Targeted Advertising: We also use third party tools to provide us with the ability to remind you of your interest in products you have viewed on our website in the days after you visited us. These reminders may show up on other websites or social media platforms. We may also display targeted ads to you on social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share common demographics or interests, like an interest in science or education. Please see the policies of the social media platforms for details on these types of ads.
- Analytics: We constantly want to be improving the quality of our site and the services we provide, so we use several tools (like Google Analytics) to track customer behavior as well as site performance. We use this to understand how customers (like you) use our site, which helps us to find issues with the site, and then fix them for the benefit of future customers.
- Surveys: We also may request that you complete a survey to give us feedback on some aspect of your experience with us. On most surveys, we ask you give us your email address so that we can follow up to answer a question, resolve an issue or make it right if we’ve failed in some way. Giving us your email on a survey is optional, so you have the ability to give anonymous feedback if desired.
Partnering with highly specialized external companies like these allows us to focus on what we do best: sell great pet products and provide superior customer service.
Links to Other Websites
We work with responsible third-parties. While you are using the Site, you may be linked or directed to other third-party sites outside of our Site that are beyond our control. Each of these third-party sites may have a privacy policies and practices than we have. Please be aware and review the privacy policies and practices of these sites carefully. We are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Visitors outside of the USA
AlfaPet does not knowingly market to or solicit users from countries other than the United States. We do not knowingly collect or store data from users outside the United States. We do not ship to international addresses or accept international billing addresses. If you are residing in other countries, you are discouraged from submitting data of any kind, including email addresses and if you do not agree that AlfaPet is not liable for you data collection or storage.
Internal disclosure of your personal data
Children’s Personal Information
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at ALFAPET.INC@GMAIL.COM.
Law Enforcement and Regulators
We may disclose information about you with outside companies, organizations, or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosures of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users, or the public as require or permitted by law; and enforce our rights. Further, in certain circumstances, it is possible that personal information may be subject to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders. Therefore, when we believe in good faith that the law requires it, we may disclose personal or other information to regulatory or government bodies, courts of law, tribunals, and law enforcement bodies to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
How long do we keep your data?
At the very least, we keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We may also keep your data beyond that for historical records. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Yes, we do. We might need to share your personal information when we believe disclosure is needed to comply with the law; when we need to enforce other applicable terms and conditions or agreements; when we might need to finance, secure, insure, sell, or dispose all or a portion of the business; or to protect the rights or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
Also, applicable data protection laws may give you the right to control our use and processing of your personal information. These may include the right (i) to request access to and a copy of your personal information, (ii) to object to processing of your personal information, or to request rectification or erasure of your personal information; (iii) to restrict processing of your personal information; and (iv) to data portability. Where we are using your personal information with your consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, though this will not affect our uses of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at ALFAPET.INC@GMAIL.COM. We will consider and act upon any such requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws, and may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Consent & Updates
By using our AlpfaPet.com web site, you consent to the collection and use of the information by AlfaPet in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. But if we update our Privacy Notice to reflect a significant change or improvement of our services or a new legal obligation, we will publish the new version on our website, and we will give you a link to old versions here so you can see what’s changed.
This Privacy Notice was revised and posted as of 7-16-2019.